Future Home of
Welcome to 724
|Thank you for
choosing our services. For common questions about getting set up,
including uploading your site, common FrontPage questions, technical
frequently asked questions, and scripts for download, visit our SUPPORT
This page is named "index.htm"
. Re-name your home page to "index.htm" to overwrite this
SITE USING FRONTPAGE
(FROM YOUR HARD DISK)
1. Open a connection to the
Internet and start Microsoft FrontPage 2000.
2. Once it is open, click File, Open Web.
3. Once the dialog box opens, type your local machine name and
name of your web in the lower box called "Folder Name".
EXAMPLE: http://localhost/mynewweb or http://youripnumber/mynewweb
4. Click the OPEN button and your site will open.
5.Once your files appear in the FrontPage, click File:
6. Input your IP Address or domain name in the box that asks
for the Destination web server or file location and click the PUBLISH
8. FrontPage will Then ask you for your USERID and PASSWORD
that we assigned you. Enter the information and press OK. Now
FrontPage will do the rest. Once you have published your web site you
can save directly to your web site for future updates.
YOUR SITE USING FTP/FETCH
(FROM YOUR HARD DISK)
1.Open a connection to the
Internet and start your FTP / Fetch program.
2. Look for a field called Host Address / IP address and enter
you IP address that we assign you or if your Domain name is registered
then enter your FTP URL (ftp.yourdomain.xxx)
3. Now enter your USERID that we assigned you in the USERID
field, and enter your PASSWORD in the password field.
4. Now click OK and this will log you on to your site and you
will be ready to upload your files.
5. When you first open your site in WS_FTP on the right hand
side you will see a set of directories and a file. These directories
and files, in order, are: cgi-bin, public, _private, and a file
6. You will need to upload your files to the same location as
the index.htm file. This is your root directory. Once you have
uploaded you files you are complete and you can now look at your
website with your web browser.
Should you have further
questions not covered in our support site, please contact email@example.com
Thank you again for choosing 724 Hosting
Copyright 1999 724 Inc.
- All rights reserved